FULLY DRAWN YARNS
Fully Drawn Yarn (FDY) is produced by a process similiar to POY manufacturing except that the yarn is produced at higher spinning speeds coupled with intermediate drawing integrated in the process itself. This allows stabilisation through orientation and crystallization.
- Yarns are produced by a continuous polymerisation process.
- All critical yarn properties such as tenacity, elongation, Uster variation and boiling water shrinkage are closely monitored and controlled.
- Controlled interlace enables the yarns to be twisted or sized in subsequent operations.
Features of Tepar FDY
- Intermingled FDY yarns are suitable for direct twisting, warping and weaving.
- Less waste and high efficiency in subsequent processes due to higher package weight (10 kg).
- The fabric made from these yarns have a feel and drape similar to fabrics. Produced from pure silk resulting in high realization of product quality.
- These yarns eliminate draw-twisting and sizing process reducing the cost of products for light and medium range of fabrics.
- There is high efficiency and low breakages in warping because of excellent package quality produced on Barmag winder.
- Excellent dyeing consistency
- FDY yarns are most suited for processes like Warp Knitting, Circular Knitting, Sizing, Weaving, Twisting/Multiply, Chenille and fancy yarn manufacturing etc.