Elastic yarns have become indispensable for the textiles industry. And in order to meet today's requirements to the full, we have come up with a brand new elastic philosophy - PBT.
PBT has extension capacities that surpass those of comparable yarns by one third. This highly elastic, friction textured PBT yarn will convince you with its soft, pleasant touch that is ideal for comfort clothing, in particular for sports. Thanks to its unique recovery properties, PBT fabrics will always return to their original shape even after extreme strain. This ensures comfortable, body-hugging clothing that is ideal to wear for sports activities.
PBT combines high resistance with extraordinary softness. Even after further manipulation, PBT won't lose its suppleness.
The exceptional light-fastness of PBT is equivalent to that of a normal polyester. And its proven resistance to chlorine and UV rays makes PBT the perfect choice for all types of clothing.
And PBT will develop its strengths even when used in combination with natural and other synthetic fibres, thanks, amongst other things, to its 100 °C required dyeing temperature.
PBT yarns are used for sportswear, outerwear, underwear and for car interiors
- PBT is a textured polyester with a nylon crimp characteristic
- PBT is a high elastic, friction-textured material
- PBT has good stretch properties and unique recovery properties
- PBT is a high-resistant fiber that is both soft and elastic
- PBT is high resistant to perspiration and humidity
- PBT has both very low humidity take-up levels (only 0.4% approx.) and dries very quickly
- PBT is particularly suited for high-comfort clothing with an excellent wearing feel as well as for hard-wearing, body-forming leisure wear and for sports activities (e.g. swimwear with chlorine resistance, as opposed to polyurethane)
- PBT is for use in knitwear, warping and weaving
- PBT is excellent for mixing with all natural yarns that can be dyed at 100 °C and with synthetic yarns that are also dyed at high temperatures
- DTY (BR) : Dtex78F24-34-68, 180F48, 360F96, 660F192
- ATY (BR): 360F96, 660F192
- Sportswear: track suits, jogging clothes, swimwear, gymnastic clothing, cycle-wear
- Underwear: bodies, ladies' lingerie
- Outerwear: leisure trousers, children's Lycra-wear
- Car interior textiles: Automotive Upholstery
- The target of PBT is not to take market share for PA or PP but to change the consumers perception of polyester in general, to regain market share partially lost by polyesters previously poor image. Once textured:
- PBT will have slightly more power stretch and recovery than PA 66, PA 6 and PES
- PBT will have the best soft hand of all, as PBT will be close to PES
- PBT can be easily dyed at 100°C and can be mixed with other fibers. It will offer stain resistance, chlorine resistance and a good resilience.